What are your office hours?

Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

(After hours there is always a Resident Advisor on-call that can be reached by contacting Campus Safety at extension 2020)

Is there a residency requirement?

Roosevelt believes in the benefits of living on campus; there is a two-year residence requirement for all new students. Students, who are unable to live on campus, must complete a Housing Exemption Application via the Housing Portal. Housing exemptions are granted based on a student's ability to meet the defined exemption criteria.

The following are grounds for an exemption:

  • Marriage
  • If you are a Parent (and also the person asking to be exempt from housing)
  • Medical or Psychological: A clear correlation between living on campus and the negative impact on your health must be articulated in a letter from a licensed physician.
  • Financial Hardship
  • Commuting from Permanent, Legal Residence: Applicant must be living no further than 50 miles from the Chicago campus in order to qualify for this exemption. 

How do I apply for housing?

Pay the one-time $250 housing deposit and complete the online housing application. There are 3 types of housing applications/contracts – academic year, spring only and summer. To start your application visit the visit the Housing Portal.

Applying For Housing

How do I pay my housing deposit?

The $250.00 Housing deposit can be paid online through the Housing Portal or at the cashier’s window in Office of the Bursar located on 1M of the Wabash Building.

Is the housing deposit refundable?

The $250 housing deposit that is submitted with the housing application is non-refundable ten (10) calendar days after the signing of the contract.

Is there a Housing Deposit Waiver?

Yes. Students may apply for a Housing Deposit Waiver. To learn more about how to apply visit the Housing Portal.

Who lives in Wabash Building Residence?

All first year students live in Wabash Building. Returning students are welcomed to continue living in the Wabash but are not required. Students are eligible to live at the University Center starting their second year or if they are non-first year transfer students.

What room types are available in Wabash Building Residence?

The Wabash Building offers single, double, triple and Quad bedrooms within suite style spaces. Each suite is designed such that the residents of that suite share a common area, bathroom and shower. Suites are made up of different combinations of room types. For example, a suite could be made up of two double bedrooms or four single bedrooms. To learn more about our room types, visit our Room Types page on the Housing Portal.
View detailed instructions on how to select a room.

How much does living on-campus cost?

Find out more about the cost of living on campus on the Room Rates page.

How does my meal plan work? Am I required to have a meal plan?

All residents living in a suite-style room are required to have a meal plan both at the Wabash Building and at the University Center. Student living in an apartment at the University Center are not required to have a meal plan but can choose to have one.

Students wanting to upgrade their meal plan, can contact the Office of Residence Life. We will explain the larger meal plan options and then make the requested change. Upgrades must be made prior to the beginning of the academic year or within the first three weeks of the Fall semester. Meal plan upgrades are applied for the full academic year.

Can I add a meal plan, if I live in an apartment?

Students living in an apartment at University Center can choose to add a meal plan. They can select from all meal plan options, including a specially designed apartment meal plan (150 meals for the year).

Can I opt out of a meal plan?

Students seeking exemption from the required meal plan must submit medical documentation that clearly demonstrates that their food needs cannot be met through the dining center. The dining center will review the documentation and make a determination.

When can I move in?

Please visit our Move-In Information page for details about your assigned day and time.

What furniture is provided in my room?

All rooms include a desk, a chair, a wardrobe with drawers, and twin XL bed.

Can I loft, unloft, bunk or debunk my bed?

You cannot. Each room has been arranged with intention and strategy. If you are unhappy with the location of your bed, consider switching rooms during Room Change Week.

What are Considered Prohibited Items?

There is a wide list of items that are not allowed in the residence hall due to the risk they pose to everyone in the community. Take a closer look at the prohibited items list.

How can I order a micro fridge?

You may rent a micro fridge through BedLoft. BedLoft can be contacted at Bedloft.com or call 866-651-5638. The cost is $179.99 per unit. The pre-order deadline is August 2, 2018. The units ordered by this date will be delivered right before you move-in. After the pre-order deadline, the price is increased to $199.99 and units will be delivered after move-in.

Where do I pick up my mail and how do I get mail sent to me?

Students will receive an email at the beginning of the semester with their assigned mailbox and combination. Packages will arrive in the Mail Room which is located on the 1st floor of Auditorium Building (AUD 109). Letters and packages need to be sent to this address:
425 S. Wabash Ave.,
WBRH# (mailbox number),
Chicago, IL 60605

How do I get something fixed in my room?

Students can submit a work order for the Wabash Building by visiting the Office of Residence Life on 14th Floor.

Where is the laundry room in Wabash?

The laundry room is on the 15th Floor. You can use coins or a debit or credit card to operate the machines. Download the Roosevelt University App to check the status of the machines. Through this feature of the app you can see open washers and dryers, you can see when busy machines will be free as well as know how much time is left on machines you are using.

What is a Roommate/Suitemate Agreement?

This is a tool in the form of a document that you will receive upon moving in to a new space that is intended to facilitate conversation amongst you and your new roommates and/or suitemates. The document guides you through questions that make conversation easier in regards to establishing living standards for your space.

How do I Select a Roommate or Group of Roommates?

You can create a group or join a group via the housing portal. View detailed instructions on how to create or join a roommate group.

Can I change my room assignment?

Room Change Week occurs at the start of every semester. During this week, students may submit a request via an online form to change rooms. Each room request is reviewed and evaluated on a case by case basis. Every student who submits a request receives an email with the outcome of their request. If the request is granted, that email includes instructions about how to proceed with the room change.

Can I have a guest under the age of 18 in Wabash?

Guests under the age of 18 are called minor visitors. Residents requesting to host a minor visitor, during the day or overnight, need to submit the Minor Visitor Form to the Office of Residence Life. Once the form is reviewed, the student is contacted via email with the outcome of their request.

How long can my guest stay?

Residents are allowed 2 overnight guests per resident on any given night. Overnight hours are between 12am and 6am. Residents may host overnight guest(s) a total of 9 nights per month. An overnight guest may only stay 9 nights in the residence hall within any given month, regardless of which resident checks them in. Overnight guests are not permitted to stay more than 3 consecutive nights in a row, without prior approval from the Office of Residence Life.

If a student would like their overnight guest to stay more than the allotted 3 nights, then they must complete a Guest Extension Form and get permission from everyone in their suite for the extension. All suitemates can either email the Graduate Hall Coordinator for Community Development or sign the Guest Extension Form. If approved, the guest can stay for up to 6 consecutive days.

Am I required to have the Roosevelt University Student Health Insurance Plan?

Roosevelt University requires all F1 and J1 visa students, pharmacy students, athletes, and all students residing on campus to be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. In accordance with this requirement, all students must submit a decision form indicating whether they would like to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan offered through Roosevelt University or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan by submitting proof of comparable coverage.

How can I cancel my housing contract?

Students may cancel their housing contract within the first 10 days after signing their housing contract. After that, the student must submit a Housing Contract Cancelation form through the visit the visit the Housing Portal.

If I am granted a housing exemption does that mean my housing is canceled for the term of exemption?

No. Being granted an exemption from the housing requirement for a certain term, DOES NOT release you from a housing agreement you have signed for that same term. (For example: If you are granted an exemption for Spring 2017 but had already singed a Spring 2017 housing agreement, you ARE NOT released from that agreement. You would have to complete a Housing Contract Cancelation Request to be released for Spring 2017 housing.) The grounds that you cited in your exemption request may not be sufficient grounds for a contract cancelation as the criteria are different.

What should I do if I need a disability related accommodation in the residence halls?

Please contact the Office of Residence Life at 312-341-2005 or via email at reslife@roosevelt.edu to request the documentation needed to request a reasonable accommodation.