Housing Application Contract
- The Housing Application is completed online via the Housing Portal. Once inside of the application, you will be able to select your room type and roommates!
- Once all of the steps of the application are completed, you will be asked to review and electronically sign the Housing Contract.
- When you electronically sign the contract, you are agreeing to the contract terms. It is very important that you read the entire contract and understand all of the terms and conditions.
- Upon completion and submission of the Housing Application and Contract, the student is contractually obligated to pay the cost of room and board.
- The housing contract is binding for the contract period which is the entire academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- After completing that step, you will be emailed a confirmation indicating that your contract has been signed.
- The university does not offer housing contracts by semester. However, an exception is made for new students, who enter in the spring semester.
- Roosevelt University also offers summer housing that runs from mid-May to mid-August.
Housing Applications Currently Open
- Summer 2020 (three contract options)
Entire Summer: Wednesday, May 13th to Saturday, August 22nd
- Contract 1: Wednesday, May 13th to Friday, July 3rd
- Contract 2: Friday, July 3rd to Saturday, August 22nd
How to Apply for Housing
- Visit our Roosevelt University Housing Portal
- Login using your Roosevelt University Net ID and Password
- Once logged in you will have access to the housing applications
- Watch video on how to apply for housing
The housing application will remain open for each term until there is no more space available. If no housing is available, students will either be placed on a wait list or into temporary rooms. They will be assigned to a permanent room as soon as one becomes available based on when their contract and deposit were received.
STEP 1: APPLICATION
Housing Application for AY20-21 opens on Saturday, February 1st
- Complete or Update you Profile
- Select your Room Preferences
- As of March 25th 2020 a Housing Deposit is no longer required for an AY 2020-2021 housing contract.
- For those who paid the Housing Deposit prior to this date, that deposit will be applied as a credit to your student account at the start of the contract.
STEP 2: PAY DEPOSIT & SIGN CONTRACT
Contract available to sign starting Monday, March 2nd
- Don’t rush through reading the contract. It is very important that you read and understand the terms and conditions you are agreeing to when you submit the contract.
- You should only submit a housing contract if you intend to live on-campus. The contract is a legally-binding agreement, and is not cancelled unless for the reasons stated on the Housing Contract Cancellation Request Form found on the Housing Portal.
- If you wish to cancel your contract, you may do so until your move-in day.
STEP 3: ROOM SELECTION
Tuesday, May 26th – Wednesday, May 27th = Room Selection for all Continuing & Transfer Students
Thursday, June 4th = Room Selection for all New Freshman who are in Roommate Groups
Friday, June 5th = Room Selection for all other New Freshman
- Time slots will be assigned based on contract signed date not by class. This is a change from years past.
- Students who have signed contracts will receive an email notifying them they can login to retrieve their room selection / lottery number.
Click here to watch a video on "How to Select a Bed during Room Selection"
Click here to watch a video on "How to Assign Roommate Group Beds during Room Selection"
Housing Contract Cancellation Request
A Housing Contract Cancellation Request is for those students who have signed a 1-year or 2-year housing contract and are requesting to cancel that contract for a specific reason.
- Due to changes as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), any student who signs a housing contract for academic year 2020-2021 will have until your move-in day to cancel without penalty.
- Outside of this time, if you wish to cancel your housing contract you must submit that request through the Housing Contract Cancellation Request Form.
- The housing contract is strictly adhered to with exceptions made only under extenuating circumstances.
- The University will only release a student from contractual financial obligation for the reasons listed on the Housing Contract Cancellation Form.
- To review what documentation is required to cancel a contract go to the Housing Contract Cancellation Request link on the Housing Portal.
- If you have previously signed a two-year housing contract, for academic year 2020-2021 you will not be required to live on-campus for the second year.
- Students, who wish to cancel their housing contract may do so by submitting a Housing Contract Cancellation Request form through the Housing Portal.
Housing Exemption Request
Due to changes as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the housing requirement has been eliminated for academic year 2020-2021 therefore students do not need to submit a housing exemption request.