All Chicago College of Performing Arts students must submit the following supplemental materials:
- GetAcceptd.com Supplemental Application & Application Fee
- 2 or 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts from all previously attended schools/institutions.
- Official ACT/SAT scores (Freshman-only)
Once you submit your application, you will be able to view your Supplemental Items Listing within RU Connect. This is where you will go to view and track what materials we need for your application to be marked complete.
Mailing address for transcripts and test scores:
Admission Processing Center
1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Fee Waiver Requests
Undergraduate applicants seeking a waiver of the application fee must submit a Request for Application Fee Waiver or other qualifying documentation to email@example.com.
Graduate applicants seeking a waiver of the application fee must submit qualifying documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This form must be received prior to the application deadline.
*Undergraduate applicants who are current members of the Merit School of Music, Music Institute of Chicago, Midwest Young Artists, or Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra, as well as CCPA Graduate and Performance Diploma alumni/currently-enrolled applicants, will automatically qualify for a 75% discount. The above request form should not be completed by these applicants. Please email Fred Peterbark, Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services, directly for information on the discount process at email@example.com. Discounts will not be made retroactively after applications and fees have been submitted.
Demonstration of English proficiency is required of all students. This requirement may be satisfied in the following ways:
- Four consecutive years of secondary education (high school) within a United States or Canadian school at which English is the language of instruction
- Completion of 30 transferable semester hours, to include the equivalent of English 101 and English 102, at an accredited United States college or university (undergraduate applicants only)
- Completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree at a regionally accredited, United States or Canadian college or university at which English is the language of instruction
- For all other students, submission of TOEFL scores is required (IELTS scores are no longer accepted)
All TOEFL exam scores must be submitted by March 1 to receive full scholarship consideration (there is no minimum required score for admission).
Applicants who are unable to access the TOEFL exam, must contact CCPA directly in order to be provided an alternative exam option.
All non-native speakers of English who are admitted an enroll will be required to take Roosevelt University's English Language Proficiency (ELP) exam upon entry and may be required to complete additional coursework as part of their program of study.
EVALUATED TRANSCRIPTS: International applicants must also have their transcripts sent to an evaluation service, who will then provide an evaluation to Roosevelt University. Please refer to the International Admission page for information on foreign credential evaluation services.
Transfer Applicants (Music Conservatory)
If you are currently attending another institution accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) and applying to transfer, you must submit a Transfer Acknowledgement Form as per NASM requirements. We will not be able to consider you for scholarship if you are offered admission without this on file.
Mailing address for NASM forms:
CCPA Office of Enrollment, Room 918
430 S Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605