Roosevelt University is committed to offering an environment for working and learning in which students are treated with respect, dignity, and equal opportunity. University employment promotes student engagement, strengthens connections to the Roosevelt community, enhances student life and success, provides professional development and training opportunities, offers service and experiential learning along with financial support. It is the policy of Roosevelt University to employ current Roosevelt University students in appropriate and available part-time positions. All student employment positions are available exclusively to current Roosevelt students registered for at least six credit hours. Student employment is managed by the Office of Career Development in conjunction with Human Resources and Financial Aid Services (for those students who qualify for Federal Work Study).
Students who wish to be considered for on-campus positions must apply for positions through the Career Central job posting system.
Please direct student employment questions via email to email@example.com. You can also reach us via phone at 312-341-3560.
You can download a visual overview of the student hiring process as a PDF.
A student who is actively enrolled in the current term for a minimum of 6 credit hours and degree/certificate-seeking at Roosevelt University is eligible for student employment.
A student may also be eligible only under the following circumstances:
- A student can work the summer term immediately following their spring graduation. International students are not eligible to work after graduation.
- A student at Roosevelt University who completes a degree/certificate seeking program in the spring term and who is registered for the following fall term may work through the summer term.
A student who is no longer enrolled at the University terminates his or her eligibility for student employment.
Students may apply for and be awarded Federal Work Study grants through Financial Aid Services.
Student Employment Handbook
What to do once hired/Onboarding
Welcome to student employment at Roosevelt University. Please only sign up for an onboarding session after you have been hired for an on-campus job and if you have never worked at Roosevelt University before. All student employees must attend one session before they can begin to work. A confirmation email from the Office of Career Development will be sent to your Roosevelt email account and to your supervisor once you have completed onboarding and are authorized to begin working.
Onboarding provides new student employees key information about their new on campus job, such as, how to report their worked hours, where to obtain paychecks, and reviewing various university employee policies. Once onboarding has been completed, a student will not need to attend again for other on campus jobs that they are hired for.
REQUIRED before attending:
- STEP 1: Complete section 1 of the I-9 form. The employer code for Roosevelt University is 13955.
- STEP 2: Gather identifying documents that are acceptable for eligibility verification on the I-9 form. These identifying documents must be originals and must be presented in person when arriving for onboarding. Copies, pictures, and faxes of these documents will not be accepted. View the list of acceptable identifying documents that can be brought to onboarding.
- STEP 3: Bring your original identifying documents from step 2 to your onboarding session (these documents must be original, no copies, pictures or faxes are allowed). You will not be admitted to the session and cannot start working without bringing these original identifying documents. You may contact the Office of Career Development if you have any questions: 312-341-3560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPTIONAL before attending:
- Complete the federal and state withholding allowance W-4 forms. If you do not complete these ahead of time, blank forms will be provided at the onboarding session.
- If you would like to sign up for direct deposit, the electronic depositing of your paycheck to your bank account, you must bring a blank check and your personal banking information to onboarding. Forms to sign up for direct deposit will be provided at the onboarding session.
Scheduling and Registering for Onboarding
To schedule an onboarding session, please log onto Roosevelt University’s EAB/Navigate Website. Proceed to schedule an appointment with Nick Wong at the Office of Career Development for “Onboarding”. A list of available times will appear for you to select from. Please expect onboarding to take as long as a full hour to complete.
If your schedule does not allow you meet at any of the listed times, please email email@example.com. In your email, please list 3 to 5 different dates and times (E.g. Thursday at 3:30pm) that you are available and we will do our best to accommodate and confirm on when we may meet with you.
Our general office hours are:
- Monday – Thursday, 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday – Sunday, Closed