Search Roosevelt University

International Student Admission

More in this section...

International Admission Requirements

For a comprehensive list of international admission requirements, please visit the page which best describes the program to which you are applying.

Application Deadlines

Roosevelt accepts international students each Fall and Spring semester, except when applying to the College of Pharmacy.

Start-Term Students Applying from Overseas Students Applying within U.S. or Canada
Fall Semester (non-CCPA and non-Pharmacy) June 1 August 1
Spring Semester (non-CCPA and non-Pharmacy) September 15 November 15
Chicago College of Performing Arts (Fall Semester Only)
January 15 January 15
College of Pharmacy (Summer Semester Only) December 31 December 31

English Language Proficiency Requirement

All individuals who have completed an education outside the United States are required to meet the University's English Language Proficiency Requirement

Foreign Credential Evaluations

All students who have completed coursework outside the United States are required to submit a Foreign Credential Evaluation

Financial and Immigration Information

International students who wish to study as an F-1 Student must submit the following additional documents in order to receive a form I-20:

  • A photocopy of their passport information page
  • Evidence of funds to cover the first year’s tuition, fees, housing and living expenses (books, supplies, insurance, personal items) in the form of bank statements or a letter from the bank
  • Affidavit of Support form (if the finances you will be using belong to a parent or other relative)

Up-to-date tuition and fees information can be found on our website.

All other living expenses (housing, books, supplies, insurance, personal items) are estimated at $17,000 per year. Please contact the Office of International Programs for exact costs.

If the student will have a financial sponsor, the student's sponsor should complete the Affidavit of Support and submit it with an official bank statement.

If you have received a scholarship, you may use this to show part of your funding. To learn more about Roosevelt scholarship opportunities, please visit our scholarship page

Do I have to submit my bank statements with my application?

  • We encourage you to submit all documents when you apply. However, we will review you application without your financial and immigration documents. These documents are required to issue your form I-20 if you are admitted; they are not required to make an admission decision.

I'm not an F1 student, do I need to submit financial and immigration documents?

  • Financial Statements: You only need to show financial information if you want to be an F1 student. If you are in the U.S. in a different immigration status, you are not required to show funding. If you want to change your status, you must show funding.
  • Immigration Documents: All international students should show proof of their current status in the U.S. We use this information to show why you did not need F1 student status.
For PharmD (Pharmacy) Applicants:

What is an "International Student"?

If you are not a U.S. Citizen, nor a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), you are considered to be an international student. International students are considered to be non-immigrants and non-permanent resident. Therefore, international students are not eligible for U.S. Federal or State financial aid.


International students and students with academic credentials from institutions outside of the United States must meet the same College of Pharmacy admission requirements as students who have completed their pre-pharmacy coursework at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.

Required Documentation

If you are an international applicant who wishes to study and obtain a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from Roosevelt University, depending on your visa status you may have to submit additional documentation.

If you are already in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 student visa status at another institution, please submit:

  1. Financial Statement and Affidavit of Support with supporting bank statement/letter;
  2. Copy of your passport, visa and I-94 card;
  3. Copy of your current I-20 (for F-1 visa holder) or DS-2019 (for J-1 visa holder); and
  4. Transfer Verification Form

If you are outside the U.S. and need to obtain a Form I-20 in order to apply for a F-1 visa, please submit:

  1. Financial Statement and Affidavit of Support with supporting bank statement/letter;
  2. Copy of your passport, if available.

After your application is approved, you will be granted admission and receive a Form I-20. With your letter of admission and Form I-20, you will be able to apply for an F-1 student visa at the American Embassy or Consulate in order to enter the U.S. to study at Roosevelt University.

If you are already in the U.S. on any other kind of visa types, except F-1 and J-1, please submit:

  1. Copy of your passport, visa and I-94 card.

Contact Information

Dawn Hougland
Assistant Director, Office of International Programs
Roosevelt University
Telephone: (312) 341-3531; Fax: (312) 341-6377