International Admission Requirements
For a comprehensive list of international admission requirements, please visit the page which best describes the program to which you are applying.
Roosevelt accepts international students each Fall and Spring semester, except when applying to the College of Pharmacy.
||Students Applying from Overseas
||Students Applying within U.S. or Canada
|Fall Semester (non-CCPA and non-Pharmacy)
|Spring Semester (non-CCPA and non-Pharmacy)
|Chicago College of Performing Arts (Fall Semester Only)
|College of Pharmacy (Summer Semester Only)
English Language Proficiency Requirement
All individuals who have completed an education outside the United States are required to meet the University's English Language Proficiency Requirement
Foreign Credential Evaluations
All students who have completed coursework outside the United States are required to submit a Foreign Credential Evaluation.
Financial and Immigration Information
International students who wish to study as an F-1 Student must submit the following additional documents in order to receive a form I-20:
- A photocopy of their passport information page
- Evidence of funds to cover the first year’s tuition, fees, housing and living expenses (books, supplies, insurance, personal items) in the form of bank statements or a letter from the bank
- Affidavit of Support form (if the finances you will be using belong to a parent or other relative)
Up-to-date tuition and fees information can be found on our website.
All other living expenses (housing, books, supplies, insurance, personal items) are estimated at $17,000 per year. Please contact the Office of International Programs for exact costs.
If the student will have a financial sponsor, the student's sponsor should complete the Affidavit of Support and submit it with an official bank statement.
If you have received a scholarship, you may use this to show part of your funding. To learn more about Roosevelt scholarship opportunities, please visit our scholarship page.
Do I have to submit my bank statements with my application?
- We encourage you to submit all documents when you apply. However, we will review you application without your financial and immigration documents. These documents are required to issue your form I-20 if you are admitted; they are not required to make an admission decision.
I'm not an F1 student, do I need to submit financial and immigration documents?
- Financial Statements: You only need to show financial information if you want to be an F1 student. If you are in the U.S. in a different immigration status, you are not required to show funding. If you want to change your status, you must show funding.
- Immigration Documents: All international students should show proof of their current status in the U.S. We use this information to show why you did not need F1 student status.