Advising services and important immigration information on employment for international students can be found below. This information includes information on how you can legally work (on-campus and off-campus) how to apply for a Social Security Number, and US Income Taxes.

It is important for you to understand the immigration rules and regulations; please visit Maintaining Your Status for more information about your responsibilities as an F-1 or J-1 student.

Please read all information carefully before consulting an advisor. If you do not see the answer to your question, please contact the Office of International Programs (OIP) at 312-341-3531 or

Questions about this page?

Assistant Director of International Programs