Traveling the City Safely
The city of Chicago and surrounding suburbs have a comprehensive public transportation system which allows one to travel just about anywhere, any time. Customer safety and security is public transportation’s No. 1 priority. So you can help yourself and others stay safe while traveling, we encourage you to visit www.transitchicago.com/safety/default.aspx#system_ss_brochure for information.
Wabash Bike Room
A Bike Room—which provides indoor bicycle parking and storage—was included in the design and construction of the Wabash Building, which officially opened its doors in fall of 2012. In the past, this secure storage facility has allowed for 67 users, using a system of assigned spots. In the spring of 2016 however, in an effort to increase use, assigned spots were eliminated and the room capacity was increased to 75 users. Additionally, a stronger Bike Room Usage Policy was created, a bike pump was installed, and RU bike stickers are now given to users to place on their bikes.
This amenity is free to all RU students, faculty, and staff. However, space is limited. To register for the room, fill out the online form (if space allows) and read through the Bike Room Usage Policy. Once submitted, you must visit Physical Resources in Wabash B16 to pick up your bike sticker.
Note that shower facilities are available on the 5th floor of the Wabash Building.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In spring of 2014, Roosevelt University started offering discounted DIVVY memberships to the RU Community. DIVVY is a bike share program that began in Chicago through the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT). It makes bike riding in Chicago easy, fun, and affordable.
For details on how students, faculty, and staff may utilize their different discount rates, please read through our guide.
You can find parking information here.
Roosevelt University has contracted with the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) to provide affordable public transportation to all degree seeking, full-time students at the Chicago Campus through the CTA U-Pass program. All eligible students will be charged a mandatory, non-refundable fee of $153.00 in each fall and spring semester. The U-Pass fee cannot be waived for full-time Chicago campus students.
- U-Pass offers unlimited rides on any CTA bus or train during the Fall and Spring semesters beginning five days before classes start and extending until five days after finals end. It is not offered during the Summer.
- U-Pass is also valid for CTA Para Transit Special Services (for those qualified through the RTA) until the printed expiration date.
- U-Pass does not require a transfer or surcharge.
- U-Pass is NOT valid for travel on PACE suburban buses or Metra commuter trains.
- The cards of students whose enrollment status changes to part-time will be deactivated without refund.
- The U-Pass has the student’s photo and name on the card and is non-transferable.
- Incomplete courses, GuIDE program courses from previous terms, classes at other universities and courses not officially listed on the current term registration cannot be used to determine full-time status.
- Part-time students are not eligible for the program under the terms of the contract, and they may not purchase or receive a U-Pass.
- Students in the Paralegal Certificate Program are not eligible for a U-PASS.
Full time status for CTA U-Pass program is defined as:
- 12 or more credit hours per term for undergraduates
- 9 or more credit hours per term for graduate students
- 6 or more credit hours per term for doctoral students
Students new to Roosevelt University:
Students who are new to the university can have their photo taken for their Ventra U-Pass and pick up a 7-day CTA pass from the Registrar's Office, located in WB 1M14, beginning August 15, 2018 during the hours below.
- Monday through Thursday 10:00am-6:00pm
- Friday 10:00am- 5:00pm
Your student ID card and a copy of your bill or schedule (electronic is acceptable) will be required in order to verify full-time enrollment. The actual Ventra U-Pass will be available for pick up, in the Registrar's Office (located in WB 1M14), one week from the day your photo is taken.
If you are a transfer student who has had a Ventra U-Pass with another school, please send an email to Deonna Alexander at email@example.com with your name, student ID number, and Ventra number located on the back of your card.