The Mansfield Institute Fellowship for Activism and Community Engagement (FACE) will fund a cohort of 15 Roosevelt University undergraduate students from any college or discipline. The cohort-based summer fellowship includes funding for the 3-credit Social Justice in Action internship-based course in May. In addition to tuition, fellows will receive a stipend of $2,500.
Students will be placed in in social justice–focused community-based organizations in Chicago for 10 hours per week, for 10 weeks over the summer. Fellows will also attend University events together, including a recognition ceremony and will have opportunities to present work at conferences.
- Open to all Roosevelt University undergraduate students in any college or major.
- Students must have between 45 and 72 credit hours completed on March 15, 2021.
- GPA of at least a 2.0.
- Be able to participate fully in fellowship activities including course work, internship work and ongoing cohort activities throughout the year.
- The application process opens on February 15 and closes on March 15.
- The committee will meet on March 17 and applicants will be notified by March 17, 2021.