7:30 - 9:30pm
Ganz Hall | 430 S. Michigan Ave, 7th floor, Chicago, IL 60605
About this event
Elena Matteucci and Sebastian Zagame performed together for the first time in 2020 at the Rome Chamber Festival in the magnificent Baroque building Palazzo Barberini where every year young talents are invited to play together with leading concert musicians. From that encounter, the idea of continuing to play together began. During their performance a special chemistry between them is created, with a fascinating combination of vivid freshness and solid liberty of piano.
• Brahms: Sonata Op. 108
• Schumann/ Liszt: Widmung (Dedication) from "Canto d'amore"
• Trovajoli: Serenata per Giuditta from "The Conspirators"
• Williams: Theme from Schindler's List
• Paganini: Caprice No. 24 from "The Devil's Violinist"
• Gardel/Williams: Por una cabeza from "Scent of a Woman"
• arr. Bonanno: Italian Movie Music (Rota, Morricone, Piovani)
This recital is co-sponsored by the Italian Cultural Institute of Chicago. Event is free - no registration required. Non-Roosevelt guests may be asked to show photo ID to enter campus buildings.
This recital will also be livestreamed at https://www.youtube.com/live/2MHs57UiapU?feature=share