Due to existing public health restrictions, the Spring commencement ceremony will be held virtually.
Friday, May 7th is Commencement 2021!
More information to come.
10 am Central Time
Walter E. Heller College of Business
College of Education
Robert Morris Experiential College
12 pm Central Time
College of Arts and Sciences
Chicago College of Performing Arts
Congratulations to all of our graduates!
Cap and Gown/Graduation Walk Information
The Graduation Walk is an opportunity to walk across the stage of the Auditorium Building and have your picture taken on the stage. If you are not interested in having your picture taken, you do not need purchase a gown or attend the event.
What will happen at the Graduation Walk?
During the Grad Walk, you and a family member can visit the Auditorium Theatre for a safe and socially distanced event. At the event, you'll be able to:
- Experience walking across the Auditorium Theatre stage.
- Have your photo taken in several locations in the theatre.
- Pick up your diploma cover (diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address this summer).
- Pick up your free graduation gift.
- Be sure to come dressed for pictures
- The sitting is free
- For more information you may contact Grad Images at 800-261-2576
Order Graduation Supplies
Our Spring 2021 Grad Walk is open to all graduates from Spring 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 who would like to attend.
Dates and Times of the Event
- March 2 from 4PM to 7 PM
- March 26 from 9AM to 6PM
- March 27 from 9AM to 6PM
To schedule your Grad Walk time, please fill out this form.
Cap and Gown Ordering
| Doctoral Candidates:
|| Doctoral Candidates require custom-made regalia. Please stop by the Bookstore to place your order. The deadline is February 26, 2020.
Pharmacy students, please review the information sent by your department.
Cap and Gown Pricing Information
|Cap and Gown Items
||Pick up Price (tax Included)
||Price to Ship from Oak Hall
|Bachelor's cap, gown, tassel, and stole
|Master's cap, gown, tassel, and hood
|Doctoral Custom Regalia
|Doctoral cap, gown, tassel, hood
Tassel, Hood, and Honor Cord Information
Cords signify that the wearer has attained some specific honor or distinction, academic or otherwise. Different color cords are used to signify different accomplishments or affiliations.
- Bronze: Summa Cum Laude (GPA 3.850 or higher)
- Green: Completed Roosevelt University's Honors Program
- Green and White: Completed the Graduate Plan for Success
- Light Blue: First generation
- Lavender: LGBTQIA and allies
- Maroon:Held a peer mentor and leadership position in which upperclassmen mentor freshman with disabilities, and students needing support in navigating college life at Roosevelt.
- Multicolored (purple, green, and gold): Students of color and international students
- Navy Blue: Served as a member of the Student Conduct Board
- Navy and White: Criminal Justice Honors
- Purple: Post-Baccalaureate Paralegal Certificate recipient.
- Red: Served as a member of the College of Arts and Sciences Student Advisory Council (CASSAC)
- Drab and Burgundy:Served as a member of the Heller College of Business Student Advisory Board.
- Red, White and Blue: Student Military member, veteran, cadet, or has family who serves or served.
- Silver: Magna Cum Laude (GPA 3.700-3.849)
- White: Cum Laude (GPA 3.500-3.699)
- Yellow: Franklin Honor Society Member (GPA 3.75 or higher for Undergraduates only)
A full list of tassel colors is available here. If you are unsure of the degree you will be receiving, please contact the Graduation Office at (312)341-3591. Listing an incorrect degree will result in receiving the wrong tassel and hood color.
Questions? Contact Graduation Services at 312-341-3591 or firstname.lastname@example.org