Career Development offers resources to help you discover your interests, values and skills as they relate to the world of work. More importantly, career counselors are available to meet with you one-on-one to discuss your interests and career goals. Let's talk: contact us to schedule a time.
Assessments & Resources
- The Perfect Job Search - Learning modules to help you build confidence while exploring career options and navigating job search process. Contact our office for fee waiver code.
- Strong Interest Inventory - Online assessment to help you discern interests and prospective career options. Please contact our office to arrange an assessment.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Personality assessment to provide insight into the right career fit. Please contact our office to arrange an assessment.
- What Can I Do With This Major? - Discover how majors relate to jobs with this in-depth resource.
Contact Career Development for access codes to assessments.
- Career Counseling - Meet one-on-one with a counselor to talk through potential career and major options, obtain assessment results and create a plan for exploration
- Job Shadowing - Spend a day following an individual in a profession of interest. Experience the occupation and tasks first-hand
- Informational Interviewing - Interview several people in an industry of interest to gain multiple perspectives on a potential career
- Service Learning - Engage in volunteer work for credit with a population in need, which can offer critical real-world applications to academic training and valuable personal growth
- Volunteering - Gain valuable experience; corporations and non-profits alike may be receptive to offering you training in exchange for your time and manpower
- Internships - Gain real-world experience and a chance to determine if an occupation or an environment is the right fit for you