Search Roosevelt University

Types of Financial Aid

More in this section...
The financial aid available to students can be categorized into three groups: scholarships and grants, loans, and work-study. To maximize the amount and types of aid received, all students are encourage to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).

Scholarships and Grants

Scholarships and grants are forms of aid which do not require repayment and are awarded based upon a student's academic abilities and financial need.

Roosevelt considers all new students for scholarships at the time of admission. These scholarships awards are granted based upon your previous academic record, or in some programs your interview or audition. Additional endowed scholarships are awarded on a competitive-basis each year.

Students may also wish to apply for private scholarships, which are often funded by nonprofit or private organizations.

Grants may include federal or state funded programs, as well as University grants. Graduate students within the University's Assistantship Program receive a partial- or full-tuition grant, as well as a minimal annual stipend.

Explore the University's Scholarship and Grant Programs:

Learn more about scholarships and grants by visiting the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid.


Loans are a form of aid borrowed from either the government or a private entity used to finance expenses directly related to the cost of attending college. This money must be repaid and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined by the lender. Students are encouraged to carefully consider all loan options before borrowing.

Government loans may be subsidized or unsubsidized. The government pays the interest accrued on subsidized loans while you are enrolled in school; however, you are responsible for the interest owed on unsubsidized loans.

Learn more about various loan programs by visiting the Federal Student Aid website.


Roosevelt University offers a variety of employment options to our students. Placement into one of the University's work-study opportunities requires that you apply for the job through the Office of Career Services.