The I-9 Form is a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services form used by employers to verify employees’ identities and to establish that workers are eligible to accept employment in the United States. It is officially known as the Employment Eligibility Verification Form. Employers are legally required to have employees complete the I-9 Form, including providing required original supporting documents to establish the identity and eligibility of any individual hired to perform work for an employer in the United States.
All Roosevelt University employees are required to successfully complete I-9 Verification within three days of employment date at the University. For your convenience, the verification form is accessible online via the I-9 Express website.
I-9 Form and Verification Process
Please follow these steps to verify your employment eligibility to work in the United States:
Go to the I-9 Express website
1. Enter the Roosevelt University employer code 13955 and click “go.”
2. Complete Section 1 of the electronic I-9 form and click “continue.”
3. Confirm that your information is accurate. Check the box near the bottom to authorize your electronic signature and click “continue.” To correct errors, click “change information.”
4. The last page will give you information regarding the documents that are acceptable for eligibility verification and that you must present.
5. After you’ve completed these four steps, please collect your proper identification documents and go personally to Human Resources (locations below) within 3 days prior to, on or after your first day of employment. An authorized University staff member will complete Section 2 of the I-9 form and view your original documents to complete the verification process for you.
Note: If you submit documents at the Schaumburg Campus, you may be notified later to verify specific information.
Human Resources Contact Information
|Chicago Campus||Schaumburg Campus|
|430 S. Michigan Ave.||1400 Roosevelt Blvd.|
|AUD 846||Service Center, Room 125|
|Chicago, IL 60605||Schaumburg, IL 60193|
|(312) 341-4334||(312) 341-4334|