Roosevelt University maintains a chapter of Lambda Epsilon Chi (LEX), a national paralegal honor society founded by the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE). Members are inducted in April and October of each year and receive a commemorative certificate and membership pin. Their names will be entered into the permanent records of the Lambda Epsilon Chi national paralegal honor society.
An internship course is an option for all students and it is required for students in our traditional BA program. The program works with many law firms, corporations and government agencies throughout the Chicago metropolitan area to offer students a variety of internship opportunities.
Recent internship sponsors include:
- Swanson, Martin & Bell
- Mintel Group, Ltd.
- Chicago Transit Authority
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Circuit Court of Cook County
- Fisher & Kanaris
- Center for Disability & Elder Law
- Lawyers Committee for Better Housing
- IL Department of Children & Family Services