P.U.L.S.E. stands for pride, unity, love, support and expression. Join a safe and supportive environment for students of all gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. This community has been established to support the diverse student population at Roosevelt, examine contemporary issues and enhance student learning as they partake in programming that is sensitive to issues of gender, race, and ethnicity. A feature of P.U.L.S.E is our gender inclusive housing option. Gender inclusive housing reflects Roosevelt University’s social justice mission through structured support of our diverse student body.
PROGRAMS, EVENTS AND EXPERIENCES
- Establish a hate free environment in the community by pledging to have a hate free room
- Explore Chicago attractions and museums, such as the Field Museum, Lincoln Park Zoo, Maggie Delay Park, and Millennium Park
- Watch and discuss pop-culture films that have themes of gender, diversity, inclusion
- Create a visual representation of the diversity within our on-campus community by designing a puzzle piece door tag that represents you to share with the community
- Attend Roosevelt University's Chicago College of Performing Arts performances through out the semester to support your fellow peers
Students interested in this housing option may include, but are not limited to, those who identify as transgender*, gender non-conforming*, intersex, genderqueer, and allies. All residents are expected to be active members of this community by providing support and encouragement to each other both in and outside of the residence hall environment, and by participating in continuing education surrounding gender and sexual identity.
STUDENTS IN THIS COMMUNITY AGREE:
- Individuals have the right to identify themselves as any gender or sexual orientation and have the right to not identify.
- Individuals may change the way they identify their gender or sexual orientation
View the Gender & Diversity Inclusion Community Task Force Report.