Gallagher Student Health providers with United Health Care as our student health insurance provider.
Participation in the student health insurance plan is required for:
- All students living in university housing at the Chicago Campus
- All College of Pharmacy students
- All currently enrolled F1 and J1 visa International students
The 2018-2019 online waiver and further instructions will be available Mid-June 2018.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-341-3525
with any questions.
Insurance for Voluntary Students
- Short term student health insurance:
Students can obtain short term health insurance from https://www.gallagherstudent.com/products/short-term-medical-insurance. These plans are NOT ACA compliant, but offer an excellent temporary solution for students between plans, graduating students, or students waiting for healthcare.gov open enrollment period.
- Healthcare.gov: https://www.healthcare.gov
For students with low or no income, healthcare.gov
continues to be an excellent option since the government will provide financial subsidies.
No Voluntary Enrollment
Only students who are part of our “hard waiver” categories are able to sign up for the Roosevelt Student Health Insurance Plan. These are our Resident, International and Pharmacy students mentioned above who have the insurance requirement. Insurance companies no longer allow us to give all of our students the opportunity to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
If students who are not in the “required, hard waiver” category are in need of medical insurance, they can go to the government exchange at Healthcare.gov
- Because the student who wishes to “voluntarily” enroll but is no longer allowed to enroll for insurance coverage through the school, they can qualify for a special enrollment period citing that they lost qualifying health coverage in the past 60 days or in the next 60 days.