Attention students, current & potential employers, lenders, insurance companies etc.
Roosevelt University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide verification of enrollment and/or degree status. Information regarding student enrollment is being submitted to the Clearinghouse electronically at least three times per semester. The first verification for the term takes place 2 weeks after it starts. Then, it takes the Clearinghouse about 5 - 7 business days to distribute the enrollment information to lenders and other institutions. Graduation data is updated about 2 weeks after each graduation date.
Self-Service Enrollment Verification Certificates
All currently enrolled students may obtain free printed Enrollment Verification Certificates via RU Access following the steps described below:
- Log onto RU Access.
- Click on Registration & Other Student Services.
- Click on Student Records link.
- Click on Verify Your Enrollment Status link.
- Provide NSC with your name, SS#, and birth date.
- Select options to print your own Enrollment Verification Certificate, view information on file, view loan deferment notifications that have been sent, or see proofs of enrollment that have been provided to other providers.
This self-printed Enrollment Verification Certificate is considered to be official and can be presented to your employer, health insurance agencies, housing authorities, consumer product companies, banks, etc., when you are required to provide official evidence of enrollment at Roosevelt University.
Students must be classified as at least half-time to be eligible for a loan deferment. To be a half time undergraduate or graduate student one must be registered for at least 6 semester hours in given semester. Doctoral Students must be registered for at least 3 semester hours to be eligible for a loan deferment.
Degree Verification for Alumni
An alumnus may do one of the following to obtain a degree verification:
- Request an official degree verify certificate from the Clearinghouse, at the cost of $13.95 (see below for more information). This certificate is issued as a PDF which you can download and keep, to send or print as needed.
- Print an unofficial transcript from RU Access, which will show degree awarded.
- Request an official transcript.
Obtaining a Clearinghouse Degree Verify Certificate
Follow these steps:
- Go to www.degreeverify.org
- Click on Verify Now, and select Degree or School Certificate
- Enter as much information as available (that is, name of school, degree received, major, personal information), and Submit
- Enter payment information – total fee is $13.95. (Note: some states, such as Texas, New Mexico, West Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, and South Dakota, charge a tax.) Both credit and debit cards are accepted.
Most Verification Services requests are confirmed instantly as a PDF. When a degree or enrollment isn't verified, it's due to one of the following reasons:
- Record requested may predate the school's electronic records, and more time is required for research
- Incorrect information was entered when the request was submitted
- Student has a privacy block on the record
- School has placed a hold on the record
- School did not send us the record
The request will be sent to us for verification on the next business day and the Clearinghouse will notify you when the PDF is available for download.
You may contact the National Student Clearinghouse by: