Career Central is our online job posting system which alumni can use to explore jobs, access resume templates and other career related resources, as well as share your resume with our employer contacts in our resume banks. Alumni accounts must be created by our office to establish your log-in credentials. If you would like access to Career Central, please call us at 312-341-3560 You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, date of graduation, RU ID number (if possible), and "Alumni Career Central Help" as the subject line in order for us to expedite your account creation.
The Careers College
The Careers College is an additional online job search program and career resource center. It also offers 10-self-paced learning modules that address vital steps of the career transition and job search process. In order to access The Careers College system free of charge, please contact the Office of Career Development at 312-341-3560, or email at email@example.com.
Resources and services available to alumni include:
If you would like to make an appointment to meet with a career counselor or have questions, please call us at 312-341-3560.
The Career Transitions Center of Chicago (CTC)
The Career Transitions Center of Chicago (CTC) is a not-for-profit organization that provides coaching and programming to mid-career professionals and recent college graduates. The overarching goal of CTC is to successfully facilitate the job searches and career transitions of its clients through training, support and fellowship. They provide clients with the following services:
- 40+ volunteer Job Coaches provide advice on every phase of the job search including skills and talent assessment, development of marketing tools (resumes, letters, etc.), plans of action, company and industry research, job interviewing, compensation negotiations, networking, and more;
- Over 200 employment workshops for conducting a successful job search [resumes, networking, interviewing; negotiating] are offered every year;
- Peer Support Groups featuring speakers and networking opportunities offered three days a week;
- 10 workstations with computers, internet connections and phones for conducting job search activities;
For in person services, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Career Services
With the launch of CTC Virtual Services, you can use the coaching and proven search assistance of CTC wherever you live in the U.S. or Canada. This twelve-week program gets you farther faster using coaching (phone, Skype, etc.) and Web-based tools, as well as a phone-based peer group focused expressly on stepping up your networking effectiveness and confidence. Thinking about what’s next or what’s possible in your career? Your qualified CTC job/career coach will help you define your vision, build a compelling case for employment, initiate outreach and identify opportunities, prepare for interviews and organize a project plan to keep you focused and progressing. To find out more, contact email@example.com.
Alumni of Roosevelt receive a $100 discount in the first quarter of services.
See the CTC brochure for more details about the center's offerings.
Career Transitions Center of Chicago
703 W. Monroe St.
Chicago, IL 60661
Phone: (312) 906-9908
Career Development seeks to build relationships with Roosevelt alumni to support current students. We want you to remain connected to the university through strong networks and excellent learning opportunities for students. Partnership opportunities include:
- Mentoring, job shadowing, and informational interviewing
- Hiring Roosevelt graduates
- Roosevelt Connect LinkedIn group
- On-campus events and career fairs
Please contact us if you are interested in connecting with Roosevelt students and continuing to strengthen the Roosevelt community!