Roosevelt University wants your student experience with us to be a safe and comfortable one. To help make that possible, Roosevelt University has various programs in place including:
- A uniformed Campus Safety Department available 24 hours a day/seven days a week
- Secured and monitored entry into our Chicago Campus academic, administrative and residential facilities
- State-of-the-art security cameras
- Orientation sessions for new and transfer students regarding “Street Smarts”
- A Behavioral Assessment Team to review and make recommendations regarding reported persons of concern
We encourage you to review Roosevelt University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report provides you with information on:
- Prior three calendar years of crime statistics
- Crime prevention tips
- Emergency procedures
- How to report incidents
- Fire safety in our residence facilities
- Title IX and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) information and resources
- Sex offender information and registration
- Other safety related policies and procedures
Seeking a college degree is a very exciting time full of opportunities and challenges. The Counseling Center is here to help students manage their emotional well-being when the stress and demands of school impact their path towards success. The Counseling Center staff provides a variety of services, free of charge, to help students understand themselves and the obstacles they face, achieve satisfying relationships, improve their academic performance, and make effective career and life choices.
Our services include:
- Individual, couples and group counseling
- Consultation and referral
- Wellness and prevention programming
Health Insurance options are available to Roosevelt's students, whether this be a required plan provided by United Health Care or a voluntary plan available through the Affordable Care Act. Various student types are required to provide proof of insurance or will automatically be enrolled in a plan.
We take pride in the club sport, intramural and recreational activities we offer to our students, faculty and staff. Whether you prefer a group fitness class or hitting the gym solo, Roosevelt has an outlet for you. Our state-of-the-art athletic and wellness facilities include: the Lillian and Larry Goodman Center, the Barry Crown Fitness Center, and the Schaumburg Fitness Center.