Why is it important to complete your college education?
- Greater financial opportunity and stability
- Greater exposure to a variety of people and experiences
- Greater opportunities to help you develop as a leader and make meaningful contributions to society
How can we help?
Our staff will connect you with the resources you need in order to help you navigate your academic experience and develop a post-college career plan. We will provide you with academic development opportunities, assist with basic college requirements, and work with you one-on-one to help you stay on track and work toward achieving your academic and career goals.
Our services include:
- Personalized support to address academic and social concerns
- Specialized academic advising/course review sessions during the academic year
- Collaborative referrals to academic success support offices such as the Academic Success Center, Disability Services, Tutoring Center, Writing Center and Math Lab
- Collaborative programming with student support and administrative services such as the Counseling Center, Career Development and the Financial Aid Office
- Post-college planning, including support with graduate school application processes, scholarship research and employment search processes
- Special cultural events and community service projects
First-Generation Student Support Services
430 S. Michigan Ave., AUD Room 104
Chicago, IL 60605