Ticket Information for May 11, 2018 Commencement
It has been determined that all graduates will receive four tickets for their respective ceremony. You will be able to request additional tickets at the Salute to Graduate receptions, we will make note of your request, and additional tickets will be available for pick up starting the week of April 9 during the designated pick up days in Graduation Services. We will accommodate as many additional guests as we have tickets available.
Ticket Pick Up
Ticket pick up will occur at the Salute to Graduate receptions on April 2 (SCH) or April 5 (CHI). Should you not be able to attend those days you have the following options:
- Retrieve your tickets on the designated ticket pick up days after Salute.
- Days and times to post after the Salute receptions.
- Someone can pick them up for you (see “Requirements for ticket pick up” for more information).
- Online students should contact Graduation Services if unable to come to campus prior to the day of Commencement. Please be sure to identify yourself as an Online Student.
Additional Ticket Information
Not all graduate will use the allotted amount. Again, you will be able to request additional tickets at the Salute to Graduate receptions. We will accommodate as many additional guests as we have tickets available. We will make note of your request and let you know what is available the week of April 9, 2018. They will be available for pick up during the designated pick up days in Graduation Services.
Each member of your party must have a ticket. This includes small children. Please keep this in mind as you distribute and reserve tickets for your guests.
If you requested Accessible Seating for your guests, your four tickets will all be located in Accessible. If you need to request additional seating, seating will be located in general admission.
There will be an overflow area for viewing the ceremonies on campus in rooms WB 611 and 612 of the 425 S. Wabash Bldg. Any guest unable to enter the Theatre will be able to view the ceremony in these rooms and meet up with guests in the Congress and Fainman Lounges on the second floor of the 430 S. Michigan Building after the ceremony.
Requirements for Ticket Pick Up
- You must present your RU ID when picking up your tickets.
- If someone is picking up for you, you must email Graduation Services with the person’s name indicating they have permission to pick up tickets on your behalf. They must present a valid State ID or RU ID at pick up.
- DO NOT LOSE YOUR TICKETS. We may not have extras available to replace your lost tickets. Guests unable to enter, may go to one of the overflow locations.
Entry into the Theatre
Graduates will report to their designate line up room, which are all located in the Auditorium Building (locations handed out at Salute). Your guest arrival information is as follows:
- 10:00 A.M. College of Education, College of Pharmacy, College of Business
- Accessible Admission doors open at 8:30 A.M
- General Admission doors at 9:00 A.M.
- 2:00 P.M. College of Arts and Sciences and Chicago College of Performing Arts
- Accessible Admission doors open at 12:30 P.M
- General Admission doors at 1:00 P.M.
Should the Theatre reach capacity, any guests unable to enter will be directed to our on-campus overflow areas Wabash 611 and 612 to view the ceremonies via webcast.
Families unable to attend may also view via the Commencement Webcast. The webcast will be posted the week of Commencement.
Doors open one hour prior to commencement. General seating entrance is located at 50 E. Congress Parkway.
Doors open one hour and thirty minutes prior to commencement. The Accessible guest entrance is located just west of the general Theatre entrance on 50 E. Congress Parkway.
Graduates participating in the ceremony needing accessible assistance
If you need to make arrangements for accessible seating or for the ASL (American Sign Language) interpreter, please contact Danielle Smith or Pamela Thompson-Hill at 312-341-3811 no later than one week prior to commencement.
- Outside Food
- Firearms or Weapons of any kind
- Bullhorns or Noise-Makers
- Items deemed unsafe by Management
- Confetti or Glitter
- Hover Boards
Items not allowed in the Theatre
- tri-pods for recording equipment
These items can be checked-in and picked up upon exit.
Flowers and concessions available for purchase in the lobbies.