Roosevelt University is committed to fostering a fun, healthy environment for students, faculty and staff. We strive to provide fitness, recreation and wellness space and programs to help you learn, live and love good health.
The Barry Crown Fitness Center is located on the 5th floor of the Wabash Building. The Fitness Center is open for use to all current Roosevelt students, faculty and staff free of charge during the designated facility hours. Hours of operation are updated each semester on the Fitness Center page on rooseveltlakers.com. Students, faculty and staff must have a valid University ID to use the Barry Crown Fitness Center.
Amenities at the Barry Crown Fitness Center include:
- Cardio equipment
- Free weights
- Weight machines
- Space and mats for stretching, yoga and functional training
- Dance studio in Room 510 for dancing, stretching, yoga, classes and group reservations
- Televisions for viewing while utilizing cardio equipment and space
- Lockers and showers
The John M. and Christine Licht/Duraco Products Student Center is open for students, faculty and staff to utilize at the Schaumburg Campus. The Fitness Center is located in rooms 425 and 428. All users must have a valid University ID to use all fitness and recreation facilities.
Amenities at the John M. and Christine Licht/Duraco Products Student Center include:
- Cardio equipment, free weights, treadmills and exercise bikes
- Locker rooms and shower facilities
- Wellness programs
- Health and personal fitness classes
- Dance and exercise studio
- Recreational facilities
- Outdoor basketball court
- Interior courtyard/green space
- Sand volleyball court and BBQ grills
A variety of free fitness classes, including yoga, Zumba and more, are offered throughout the year. Check the Fitness Center page at rooseveltlakers.com for announcements, offerings and schedules.
Intramurals and Recreation
Roosevelt University offers a variety of intramural and recreational programming throughout each academic year. Examples of programs and events include:
- Open gym inside the Goodman Center
- 3-on-3 basketball tournaments
- Flag football
Programming evolves year-to-year depending on interest and requests.
Kelly Fitzgerald, Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Rolle, Coordinator of Intramurals and Recreation: email@example.com