- Students, let your faculty advisor/faculty mentor know you are about to submit your application. Make sure that your faculty advisor/faculty mentor has completed CITI training in the past 2-3 years.
- Complete CITI training
- Log onto IRBManager. If you encounter any difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your IRB application by the submission deadline.
- For students, your first level of review in IRB Manager is with your faculty advisor/mentor.
- If your submission is not completed and submitted to the IRB Office by the deadline and requires full board review, the review will take place the following month.
- If your research project involves collaborating with individuals from other institutions who have their own IRBs, you will need to complete and submit a “Collaborating Institution IRB Certification Document" called a reliance agreement.
Changes to the Common Rule
The Common Rule is the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects. Changes to the Common Rule apply to studies approved after January 21, 2019. Learn what you need to know about these changes.