In addition to the Fall Awards Ceremony (See November 25, 2018 article “2018 Fall Student And Scholarship Awards”), RUCOP students continue to gain recognition for their accomplishments and seek to expand their skills through diverse experiences.
- Michael Bolanos, P4, did an Elective APPE (Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences ) rotation at the CDC in their Birth Defects Branch
- Patrick Tednes and Kimberly Zaleski, P4s, did half of their APPE rotations at the Cleveland Clinic.
- Anna Majerczak and Linh Nguyen, P4s, completed their Ambulatory Care APPE rotation at the Indian Health Services Hospital in Cherokee, North Carolina. This enabled the students to gain an understanding of clinical, administrative, and technical aspects of Indian Health Services and to provide a unique cultural experience.
- Liza Kenny a member of the class of 2020, was selected to do an internship at Northwestern Medicine over the summer and it was extended through the school year.
- Ashley Stefanski (Class of 2019), was named as a 2018 Wal-Mart Scholar, with faculty mentor Dr. Daniel Majerczyk.