IPhA (Illinois Pharmacist Association) Annual Conference, September 27-30, 2018 took place in Lombard, IL. Many of our students, faculty, and staff attended. Following are several notable accomplishments.
Three of our students joined faculty in CE Presentations:
- Patrick Tednes* (Class of 2019) with Dr. Heather Powell** presented, "Flaring Up? A Review Of Treatment Recommendations For Gouty Arthritis"
- YashDesai* (Class of 2019) with Dr. Yana Labinov** presented, "Stopping The Shot For Prevention Of Clots: Oral Options For Cancer-Associated Venous Thromboembolism"
- Shayna Cruz* (Class of 2019), with Dr. Heather Powell** presented, "A Stroke Of Knowledge: Cerebrovascular Accidents/Transient Ischemic Attacks"
RUCOP faculty also provided the following CE presentations:
- Dr. Cara Brock**, coordinated a pre-conference CE program, "Know Pain, Know Gain: An Interactive Pre-Meeting Workshop" and presented with faculty from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and Chicago State University.
- Drs. Alvin Godina** and Bedrija Nikocevic** presented: "Helping Your Patient Catch Some ZZZZZZZZ's: Management Of Insomnia In The Outpatient Setting"
- Dr. Heather Powell** presented: "Branding Your Mark: How To Create Your Own Brand"
- Dr. Jason Alegro** presented: "Antibiotic Stewardship: The Path Of Least Resistance"
Additionally, several students represented RUCOP in competitions.
- Patient Counseling Competition: Nathaniel Johnson* (Class of 2020)
- Business Plan Competition: Juvaria Rahman* and Nina Mashayeki* (both from class of 2020) presented their plan for Stay Healthy, a specialty pharmacy focused on underserved breast cancer patients in a pharmacy desert in Chicago and won FIRST PLACE!!
- Jenna Kalsow* (Class of 2020), was installed as Roosevelt University COP Student Director and will serve her second year in this role on the IPhA Board of Directors.
We also congratulate two of our faculty who received distinct honors.
- Dr. Cara Brock** was named 2018 IPhA Educator of the Year.
- Dr. Laura Licari** received the NCPA Leadership Award, and was named IPhA Pharmacist of the Year. Dr. Brock**, last year's Pharmacist of the Year, presented her with the award.
- Finally, Dr. Laura Licari** was installed as the 138th President of IPhA. We are so proud of her and look forward to her year of leadership.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this annual meeting and represented Roosevelt so well. It was a great event for the profession and a great event for our college.