Being part of this community offers young professionals with opportunities to make meaningful connections with one another by participating in fun social events, programs, and other activities. Participants will:
- Enhance their network by connecting with young leaders in the Chicago area
- Learn from a vibrant community while expanding their own personal/professional skills and knowledge
- Advance their career through professional development opportunities
- Strengthen their connection to Roosevelt University
Recent graduates automatically receive invites to Young Professionals Association events. Be sure to update your contact information to receive future communications. If you would like to serve in a leadership position for the association, please fill out this form to express your interest.
Young Professional have access to all of the standing alumni benefits: Career Services, Library Access, networking events, access to mentorship, lifelong learning, etc.
Dedicated participation as an association members can unlock these additional benefits:
- Directory of Participating Association members
- A letter of reference from the program director
- Professional head shot
- An authored spotlight of your accomplishments published on LinkedIn (as available to accommodate)
- Discounted access for your company to host a table at the Lakers Leadership Institute
Want to join the kick-off events?
JULY 9, NOON- 1 PM: "My Life is a Movie You Don't Want to Miss," with YPA Speaker, Nikoleta Morales, MS Journalism ’10
Have you wondered how to become an entertainment and celebrity journalist?
In this blockbuster webinar, you will hear tips and stories about interviewing A-list celebrities, covering the Oscars, film festivals, and press conferences, how to get contacted for interviews, and more.
Hear first-hand how Nikoleta Morales, MS Journalism ’10, went from RU graduate to celebrity and entertainment journalist over the last ten years. Register here.
JULY 13, 9-10 AM: RU Ok? Networking Event
RU Ok? is a check-in space to talk about the things on your mind and connect with other young alumni professionals who may be working through similar issues. It's more important than ever to come together as a community to support each other.
Participants are encouraged to network, talk about their personal experiences, and share resources that they have found to be helpful. This is also a great opportunity to let our office know how we can support you. The program will be capped at 20 participants. Register here.