Fall 2017 New Student Orientation is a mandatory four-day program for all new freshmen starting in the fall semester. During orientation, we’ll cover college transition, introduce you to campus resources and provide you an opportunity to meet your new classmates. Get settled at Roosevelt — we think you’ll have a great time!
Monday, August 21 – Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Check-in on Monday, August 21 begins at 9 a.m.; the program begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Each day, ALL new students must confirm their attendance at New Student Orientation.
- All four days of New Student Orientation are required of all incoming freshman students.
- Orientation is for students only. Please do not bring guests.
- Please make sure you attend a Starting Out at Roosevelt (SOAR) session and have registered for classes prior to attending New Student Orientation.
Freshman residential students must attend all orientation events, August 21–24, including evening activities. Residence Life will contact you with your specific move-in date/time.
Questions regarding move-in? Contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 341-2005.
Freshman commuter students must attend all daytime orientation events, August 21–24. We encourage you to stay for our evening social programs, but understand that you may need to arrange transportation.
Please plan to be on campus during the following times, at minimum:
- Monday, August 21: 10:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 23: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 24: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.