Dr. Castner joined Roosevelt University as faculty in the College of Pharmacy in February of 2020. Her clinical site is located at Rush University Family Physicians, a family medicine clinic at Rush University Medical Center.
Dr. Castner is passionate about promoting a holistic approach to health and a more compassionate pharmacy profession. Her current research interests include mindfulness and its role in stress reduction and burnout prevention within pharmacy practice and education, as well as the practice of integrative medicine to treat and prevent various conditions in the ambulatory setting. She is experienced in the areas of ambulatory care, outpatient psychiatry, LGBTQ+ care and gender-affirming hormone therapy, HIV/AIDS/STI treatment and sexual health, multidisciplinary care, and integrative medicine. She has a long history serving the underserved, and believes education about, and the active reduction of, both conscious and unconscious bias is key in the promotion of equitable healthcare.
- Ambulatory Care
- Integrative Medicine
- Outpatient Psychiatry
- Underserved Populations
- BS Biology — University of Dayton
- PharmD Pharmacy — University of Maryland, Baltimore
- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Practice — Xavier University of Louisiana
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice — UC Health/University Hospital
- Level 1 Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher — UMass School of Medicine/Brown University School of Public Health