Dr. Cara Brock, PharmD, CPE is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Sciences and Chair of Academic and Teaching Excellence at Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy. Dr. Brock currently serves as Chair of the Roosevelt University Institutional Review Board (IRB). Her practice specialty is in pain, palliative, and hospice care. Prior to her current position, Dr. Brock practiced as a community pharmacist. Current research interests focus on the treatment of hospice and palliative care symptoms, pharmacist interventions in the hospice setting, and scholarship of teaching. She has presented both research and continuing education at local, regional, and national meetings.
Dr. Brock has been honored by the Illinois Pharmacists Association as the 2018 Educator of the Year and the 2017 Pharmacist of the Year, the oldest recognition provided by the association.
Professional service includes serving as faculty advisor for the Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP), founding member and President-Elect for the Society of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacists (SPPCP) and serves on the Board of Directors for the North Suburban Pharmacists of Chicagoland (NSP).
Professional memberships and service include:
- Society of Palliative Care Pharmacists (SPCP)
- Founding Member & President-Elect
- Member, Board of Trustees
- Co-Chair Membership Recruitment and Retention Sub-Committee
- Member: Membership, Nominations Committees
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- Member: Pain, Palliative Care, and Addition SIG
- American Society of Pain Educators (ASPE)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Illinois Pharmacists Association (IPhA)
- North Suburban Pharmacists Association of Chicagoland (NSP)
- Member: Board of Directors
- PharmD Pharmacy — University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy