In case of fire
When a fire occurs, activate the fire alarm immediately. Any delay in sounding the fire alarm will delay getting help and could have serious consequences. The building fire alarms are transmitted directly to the Chicago Fire Department through the Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications 911 Center or to the Schaumburg Fire Department through their emergency dispatch center.
Call 911 (or 9-911 if calling from a RU telephone) immediately to notify the fire service. If possible call
- Auditorium and Wabash Buildings:Campus Safety at 312-341-2020 or x2020 from an internal telephone.
- Schaumburg Campus, 847-619-8989 or x8989 from an internal telephone.
- Gage Building, 312-281-3111 or x3111 from an internal telephone.
- University Center, 312-924-8911
- Fornelli (ROW) Hall, 312-592-2727
- 2 East 8th. , 312-939-4650
The first priority is following your buildings evacuation procedures and, if possible, assisting students or other persons in immediate danger.
- Auditorium Building – complete building evacuation to outside
- Gage Building – complete building evacuation to outside
- Schaumburg Campus – complete building evacuation to outside
- Residential Facilities – follow specific facility’s evacuation procedures.
Evacuation assitance information