The Bachelor of Professional Studies in Criminal Justice prepares students for leadership roles within the criminal justice field. These degree programs are designed for both criminal justice professionals seeking advancement and those who wish to become criminal justice professionals.
The program prepares students for supervisory and management roles in such areas as policing, homeland security, courts, corrections, juvenile justice, child and victim advocacy, security and associated support agencies. The courses cover contemporary issues facing the decision-makers of the American criminal justice system, with an emphasis on the skills necessary to become an effective leader.
Why study criminal justice?
- Learn how a society maintains social control while protecting individual rights.
- Learn how to apply the constitution to everyday life.
- Learn what causes criminal behavior, and what makes effective crime policy.
- Learn how to control, deter and punish crime.
- Understand the role of police, the courts, defense attorneys, juries, jails and prisons.
- Learn how the American criminal justice system compares to other countries.
What does our program do for you?
- Prepares graduates for successful careers in policing, homeland security, courts, corrections, juvenile justice, child and victim advocacy, security and associated support agencies.
- Prepares graduates to become effective leader/practitioners who are responsible for serving their community in a highly ethical and effective way.
- Prepares graduates for supervisory and management roles in the increasingly diverse field of criminal justice.
- Provides a foundation for law school and continuing life-long professional development as a policy-maker.
- Fosters dedication toward a global, service-oriented, leadership perspective with the implementation of professional values in the criminal justice field.
- Prepares graduates to become informed consumers of information, to share that information with public and agencies, and to deliver justice in an ethical and socially conscious manner.
- Prepares students for advanced education in graduate school.
Contact an Advisor for a Personalized Program of Study
Certificate in Criminal Justice
Criminal Justice Leadership Course Descriptions
Call toll free 866.885.3823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.