Foreign Degree Recipients
FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED COURSEWORK OR EARNED A DEGREE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Not all coursework completed at a college or university outside the United States and Canada will satisfy the College of Pharmacy course prerequisite requirements. This includes pharmacy program degrees earned in another country.
Beyond meeting any requirements for international students to attend Roosevelt University (please review the requirements for International Students) and the demonstration of English language proficiency, students must also:
- Meet all Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy Admission Requirements.
- Be enrolled full-time for at least two semesters at an accredited U.S. college or university and complete the following courses:
- All missing science and math courses, AND
- At least one course sequence in biology, chemistry, AND physics. Missing science courses that must be completed may count towards the completion of a science sequence.
- All 30 hours of non-science course requirements, including at least 6 semester hours of non-remedial English Composition, at least 3 semester hours of Speech Communication, 6 semester hours each of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Science courses, 3 semester hours of Economics, and 3 semester hours of Statistics. Calculus will be exempt if taken outside the U.S. if enough credit hours are earned to satisfy the requirement.
- Submit TOEFL scores to Roosevelt University. The minimum score required on TOEFL is 550, 213 (CBT) along with 4.5 or higher on the Test of Written English (TWE), or 80 (iBT) with 22 on the writing section and no less than 17 on any one section. TOEFL test scores must be from an examination taken within two years of the anticipated matriculation date into the College of Pharmacy. (The TOEFL test is waived for those students who have completed at least 25 semester hours at an accredited college or university AND have successfully completed 6 semester hours of non-remedial English, OR for those students who have earned a BA or BS degree in the United States).
Students who wish to receive credit for pre-pharmacy coursework completed at a college of university located outside the United States must secure the services of a credential evaluation service, who will forward a detailed course-by-course evaluation to the Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy. The credential service recognized by Roosevelt University include:
- World Education Services (WES) – 212-966-6311; FAX – 212-739-6100; web: www.wes.org, or email email@example.com
Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) can only be used in the evaluation provides a course-by-course breakdown.
Results of the foreign transcript evaluation and the grade earned in the courses will be used by the Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy to determine if any of the credits can be used towards the fulfillment of the pre-pharmacy requirements.
As with any developing pharmacy program the admission requirements are subject to change. Please review the admission requirements periodically for updates and modifications.