Chicago 430 S. Michigan Ave.Chicago, IL 60605(312) 341-3500
Schaumburg 1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.Schaumburg, IL 60173(847) 619-7300
In order to access the administrative functions of WordPress to change your site, add a new post, or to add other materials, follow the steps below:
Login to WordPress administration (http://sites.roosevelt.edu/yourname/wp-admin
Enter your Roosevelt University user name and password.
After logging in you are on the main Administration Screen called the Dashboard. This is the backbone of creating your website. At the top of the screen in the area called the "toolbar." Click on the link that is your site name.
On the left side of the screen is the main navigation menu detailing each of the administrative functions. The various menu items are as follows:
You can use the tabs under the Posts Menu to write and manage your posts.
- From the Posts > Category Screen, click on the tab for All Posts.
- When you hover your mouse over each post title, under the title, you should see the Edit | Quick Edit | Trash | View links. Click on Edit to edit one of the posts.
- On the right side of the Edit Post screen you will now see your Categories. Choose one of them by clicking in the box next to it.
- Then in the Publish module above, click the Update button. Repeat this for your other test posts, putting each one in a different category.
This is where you will enter information about you, the author and administrator of the site.
Links allow you to direct users to other websites by clicking on the title.
By clicking on pages, you can create new page content for your site. This is where you list the information that you may want students to respond to in a blog format.
This allows you to change the look of your site using different Themes. Themes are presentation styles that completely change the look of your site. Designed by WordPress developers and users, there are hundreds of themes available for you to choose from.
- In your Appearance Screen, you will see list of currently installed themes.
- Click on the Activate button under one of the themes listed
- Then click on your site name in the top toolbar to see how it looks.
These are also known as add-ons or extensions. They are software scripts that add functions and events to your website. They cover the gamut from up-to-date weather reports to organization of your posts and categories.