Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
In addition to reading the Financial Aid Guide and the Certification Requirements for financial aid, all financial aid recipients must ACCEPT their conditional financial aid on-line.
Terms & Conditions and Accepting Awards
From RUAccess students can review the Terms & Conditions and accept Federal awards.
- Log-in to RUAccess
- On the main menu screen select Financial Aid Services tab
- At the Financial Aid Menu select Award
- At the Award menu select Award for Aid Year, select an aid year.
- At the Award Package, select Terms and Conditions tab.
- Carefully read over the information. Click Accept at the bottom of the screen to accept the terms and conditions.
- After accepting the Terms and Conditions select the Accept Award Offer tab (at the top of the menu).
Accept Awards Offer tab:
- The Office of Financial Assistance accepts all financial aid awards on the behalf of the student including scholarships, grants, and self-help financial aid.
- Students will need to either accept, decline a portion or all of their financial award(s) ( i.e. Federal Loans and/or Federal Work Study) in RU Access. It is recommended that students make adjustments prior to financial aid disbursements.
- Generally, disbursements begin ten (10) days prior to the start of each semester. Students whose financial aid file is incomplete will experience a delay in disbursements. Students may submit a written request to cancel or reduce loans up to fourteen (14) days after the disbursement of a loan.
- Written request can be submitted as a comment in RU Access, through email, or by submittal of a written statement to the Financial Aid Office. Accept the full award amount by selecting accept full amount of all awards.
Students can provide comments:
The following are examples of comments which should be reported:
- If he/she will graduate at the end of the fall semester
- Anticipate a mixed enrollment (6 hours fall and 9 hours spring)
- Additional resources such as scholarships, employer reimbursement, etc.
Financial Aid Certifications Statement
As a condition of receiving financial aid, you must accept the responsibility to understand the procedures and policies impacting the eligibility for the aid that you receive. The certification statement below is lengthy but vital to the successful retention of your financial aid. By virtue of receiving financial aid you are certifying that you have read, agreed to, and understand the statements below in their entirety.
In accepted the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions, you will agree that you understand the following items:
- You must be admitted and enrolled at least halftime in a degree-granting program or eligible certificate program to receive financial aid. All of my courses must be applicable to my program. As a graduate student, ELP courses cannot be considered applicable toward my degree.
- If you am enrolled in on-line courses that my financial aid will not be disbursed until after the date that those classes begin.
- You must monitor your own Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in my course of study as outlined in the University Catalog.
- According to the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy, if you withdraw from, fail, or receive an incomplete (or a combination of the three) in all my registered courses for any term, you will lose my financial aid eligibility immediately.
- As a graduate student if enrolled in an undergraduate course my financial aid will not be processed until you have submitted a letter from my College/Department Advisor authorizing that the undergraduate course is required for my program.
- Summer is a shortened semester.
- Withdrawal from any or all courses may result in a reduction or cancellation of your financial aid and termination of my future financial aid eligibility.
- You must report all financial assistance received from external sources to the Office of Financial Aid and that such assistance may affect my financial aid eligibility.
- You are responsible for purchasing books and supplies using personal funds each term.
- At any point during the financial aid review process you may be asked to provide additional documentation before my financial aid can be processed.
In accepted the terms and conditions, you authorize:
- The Office of Financial Aid to provide information to other agencies/private donors, to request and/or report on grant/scholarship assistance on my behalf.