Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Welcome to our CACREP-accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program on the Chicago Campus at Roosevelt University! We are a community of educators and counselors who seek to share our passion for Clinical Mental Health Counseling and our dedication to social justice.
Roosevelt prepares professional counselors who are active problem solvers and decision makers who strive to:
- make a difference in people’s lives as holistic practitioners
- enjoy self-growth while facilitating growth in others
- lead proactively in community mental health agencies
- focus on human development across the life span
- understand and respect human diversity
- engage energetically in professional development.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program meets the academic requirements for licensure as a Professional Counselor and Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois. In addition, this CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs)-accredited program also meets the academic requirements for national certification in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
Practicum and Internships
Practicum and internship sites are located in comprehensive mental health agencies that provide multiple services for the range of mental health needs in the community, including those for clients diagnosed with mental and emotional disorders. (Hours required: 100 hours for practica; 600 hours for internship)