Current Student Employees-What to Do Once Hired/Onboarding
Welcome to student employment at Roosevelt University. Only sign up for a session after you have been hired for an on-campus job and if you have never worked at Roosevelt University before. If you are interested in on-campus employment, visit the Career Development page here. You must attend a session before you can begin working. You and your supervisor will receive a confirmation email from Aaron Kennedy on your Roosevelt email account when you are authorized to begin working.
REQUIRED before attending:
- Step 1: Complete section 1 of the I-9 at www.newi9.com. The employer code for Roosevelt University is 13955.
- Step 2: Gather I-9 documents that are acceptable for eligibility verification. Documents must be originals and must be presented in person. Copies or faxes cannot be accepted. The list acceptable documents can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf#page=9
- Step 3: Bring your original I-9 documents from step 2 to the onboarding session (copies cannot legally be accepted). You will not be admitted to the session and cannot start working without bringing your original, acceptable documents. Please call 312-341-3560 or email email@example.com if you have questions about this requirement.
OPTIONAL before attending:
- Complete federal and state W-4 forms. If you do not complete these ahead of time, we will have blank forms available to complete at the onboarding session.
- Complete a direct deposit enrollment form. Direct deposit is highly encouraged, though not required. This form can also be completed and printed prior to going to the session, but we will also have blank forms available.
Additional requirements for on-campus employment authorization are outlined here. Questions regarding international authorization can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an onboarding session at the Chicago Campus, please visit our Onboarding registration page on Eventbrite.
To schedule an onboarding session at the Schaumburg Campus, please email Danette Schulz at email@example.com.