Maps and Directions
Chicago Campus - Gage Building
18 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Roosevelt University has two main campuses, one in downtown Chicago and one in Schaumburg, Illinois. The downtown includes the Gage Building at 18 S. Michigan Avenue, the Auditorium Building at 430 S. Michigan Avenue, the Wabash Building at 425 S. Wabash Avenue, the Goodman Center and the Wabash Dance Studios. These two campuses, one in the city and the other in the suburbs, as well as sites in communities, schools and corporations, continue the mission of a truly metropolitan university.
Traveling by Car
The Gage Building is located at 18 S. Michigan Avenue, between Madison and Monroe streets. From other expressways turn onto the eastbound Eisenhower Expressway which becomes Congress Parkway. Turn North on Michigan Avenue.
Underground parking is available in lots at Monroe and Columbus and at Monroe at Michigan.
Traveling by Train
From the suburbs, you'll take METRA trains to the Loop. The station at which you arrive depends on your starting location:
- trains from the northern and northwestern suburbs arrive at the Ogilvie Transportation Center (formerly the Northwestern Station) on the corner of Madison St. & Canal St.
- trains from the western and some southwestern suburbs arrive at Union Station, at 210 S. Canal
- trains from the south (Metra South Shore, University Park and South Chicago line) arrive at the Randolph Street Station
Getting to the Gage Building:
- From Ogilvie and Union Stations, it's about 1 mile to the Gage Building. Walk east towards the lake to Michigan Ave., and then south if coming from Ogilvie Station and north if coming from Union Station to Roosevelt University at 18 S. Michigan, between Madison St. and Monroe St.
- From the Metra Millennium Station (Randolph Street Station), you'll exit on Michigan Avenue. Walk two and one-half blocks south to Roosevelt University at 18 S. Michigan, between Madison St. and Monroe St.
From locations within the city, you can take the EL to the Loop. The closest station to the university depends on the El line you take:
- Red Line – Washington subway station or Monroe subway station, on State St. between Washington St. and Monroe St.
- Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, and Purple Lines – Madison & Wabash elevated station on Wabash Ave. at Madison St.
- Blue Line – Washington subway station or Monroe subway station, on Dearborn St. between Washington St. and Monroe St.
Traveling by Bus
The Chicago Transit Authority operates many buses that serve both downtown Roosevelt locations. The following busses serve the Gage Building:
Bus #3, 4, 60, 145, 147, 151
Bus #3, 4, 6, 60
The best way to plan your trip is to use the CTA Trip Planner, available here.
* To view the Google Earth location, you must have Google Earth installed. If you have the application installed, click the link to download the file and choose "Open". Google earth will "fly" to the location.
Traveling Between Campuses