Maps and Directions
Chicago Campus - Auditorium Building and Goodman Center
430 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Map and Driving Directions
Roosevelt University has two main campuses, one in downtown Chicago and one in Schaumburg, Illinois. The downtown campus includes the Gage Building at 18 S. Michigan Avenue, the Auditorium Building at 430 S. Michigan Avenue with its adjoining Wabash Building at 425 S. Wabash Avenue . The Lillian and Larry Goodman Center is at the corner of Wabash Avenue and Congress Parkway, across from the Auditorium Building. The Wabash Dance Studios are at 218 S. Wabash Avenue. The two campuses, one in the city and the other in the suburbs, as well as sites in communities, schools and corporations, continue the mission of a truly metropolitan university.
Traveling by Car
The Auditorium Building (Chicago Campus) is located at 430 S. Michigan Avenue (at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Congress Parkway). The Goodman Center is across the street at the corner of Wabash Avenue and Congress Parkway. From other expressways turn onto the eastbound Eisenhower Expressway which becomes Congress Parkway. If you park in the Auditorium Garage across Congress Parkway from the university, you should stamp your ticket in the Roosevelt lobby to get a discount during weekdays. Discounts are not available on the weekends. You can also self-park in the City of Chicago Grant Park South Underground Garage (cross Michigan Avenue and turn north around the circle to enter the garage).
Traveling by Train
From the suburbs, you'll take METRA trains to the Loop. The station at which you arrive depends on your starting location:
- trains from the northern and northwestern suburbs arrive at the Ogilvie Transportation Center (formerly the Northwestern Station) on the corner of Madison St. and Canal St.
- trains from the western and some southwestern suburbs arrive at Union Station, at 210 S. Canal St.
- trains from the south arrive at the Randolph Street Station.
Getting to the Auditorium Building:
- From Ogilvie and Union Stations, it's about 1.2 miles to the Auditorium Building. Walk east towards the lake to Michigan Ave., and then south to Roosevelt University at the corner of Michigan and Congress.
- From the Van Buren Street Station, you'll exit on Michigan Avenue. Walk one block south to Roosevelt University at the corner of Michigan and Congress.
CTA - L Train
From locations within the city, you can take the L to the Loop. The closest station depends on the L line you take, and the building you want:
- Red Line – Jackson subway station, on State St. between Jackson St. and Van Buren Street
- Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, and Purple Lines – Library elevated station on Van Buren St. just west of State St., on the north side of the Harold Washington library
- Blue Line – Jackson subway station, on Dearborn St. just north or south of Jackson St.
Traveling by Bus
The Chicago Transit Authority operates many buses that serve both downtown Roosevelt locations. The best way to plan your trip is to use the CTA Trip Planner, available here.
* To view the Google Earth location, you must have Google Earth installed. If you have the application installed, click the link to download the file and choose "Open". Google earth will "fly" to the location.
Traveling Between Campuses