We believe there is a leader within each of our students. Being a leader begins with self discovery, and we’re here to help you explore opportunities to find the leader within. We offer three programs to help with your discovery, The Leadership Workshop Series, the Eleanor Roosevelt Society and the Leadership Summit. These programs were created to enhance student’s leadership skills as well as to connect you to campus.
Roosevelt Leadership Institute
The Roosevelt Leadership Institute (R.L.I.) is a leadership development program for Roosevelt University students. The program will teach participants the tenants of the social change model of leadership, so that they can better understand and practice leadership at both Roosevelt University and in their local communities. The program consists of 8 sessions in the Spring semester, and will culminate with an opportunity to apply for advanced student leadership initiatives in the Fall 2017 semester. Please fill out and return completed applications to the Center for Student Involvement by Feb. 1, 2016.
- Spring 2016 meetings will occur on the following Fridays in WB 317 from 1 to 3pm
February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 4, 18, 25 and April 1.
- Applications due to the Center for Student Involvement by 5pm on February 1, 2016.
Student Leadership Summit (SLS)
This overnight retreat promotes leadership development, self-reflection, social justice, and how to become better agents for positive social change. Activities will consist of large and small group discussions, interactive workshops, and plenty of team-building and self-reflection. Most importantly, students will have the opportunity to learn skills the can utilize in order to implement change on campus.
- Date: Friday, October 23-Sunday, October 25, 2015
- Time: meet at 11:00am on Friday--return around 2pm on Sunday
- Location: Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, IN
- Cost: $20
- Registration forms are due by Friday, October 9, 2015. Registration is for currently enrolled students and will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
Student Leadership Awards
- Date: Friday, April 15, 2016
- Time: 11:00am-1:00pm
- Location: Congress
- Nominations due: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 by 5:00 PM
- Nomination Packets
Each year, the Center for Student Involvement in Chicago coordinates the Student
Leadership Awards program to recognize outstanding students, student organizations and members of the campus community who significantly enhance learning outside the classroom. All currently enrolled Roosevelt students are eligible, and you can play a vital role in thanking and acknowledging these leaders by submitting nominations for these awards.
Awards will be presented at the Student Leadership Awards Reception in Spring 2016. The Awards Reception is open to all students, faculty, and staff, so please plan to attend!
Some awards require a letter of recommendation or a listing of student involvement, so please review each award description and nomination form carefully for specific requirements. Awards to be presented include:
- Rising Star Award
- Make a Difference Award
- Eleanor Roosevelt Social Justice Award
- Advisor of the Year Award
- Bronze “R” Award
- Student Organization of the Year Award
- Green Key Society Award
- Student Leader of the Year Award
On behalf of the Student Leadership Awards Selection Committee, thank you for your nominations and support of student involvement at Roosevelt!