What Makes The Chicago College of Performing Arts Unique?
- A small Conservatory offering individual attention to students’ needs
- A faculty of outstanding performers from some of the nation’s top ensembles including The Chicago Symphony and The Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Located in the Chicago Loop, the center of Chicago’s vibrant music scene and home of numerous educational, cultural and artistic institutions
Come and be a part of our community of talented and highly motivated students in an environment that allows young performers to thrive and grow!
Our Woodwind Program offers:
- Private instruction form committed teachers both in individual lessons and studio classes
- Performance classes hosted by visiting artists
- Opportunities to perform in Master Classes with guest artists of international stature
Recent guest artists include flutist Emanuel Pahud, oboists William Bennett and Ray Still, and bassoonist Milan Turkovic.
Our small student body gives students great opportunities to perform in excellent ensembles including Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, Opera Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and numerous chamber groups.
Our Orchestral Studies program for Masters and Diploma level students offers an intensive course of study for highly qualified students preparing for careers in orchestral performance. Hallmarks of the program include extra lessons especially for orchestral excerpts, a hands-on audition seminar course providing invaluable experience in honing essential audition skills and courses in important aspects of life in a professional orchestra.
BM Woodwind Performance
MM Woodwind Performance
MM Orchestral Studies
Performance Diploma Woodwind Performance
Professional Diploma Orchestral Studies