M.A. Program in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Why Study I-O at Roosevelt University?
We know you have many choices both nationally and within the Chicagoland area when selecting an I-O graduate program. Our I-O M.A. Program is about substance and providing students with outstanding graduate-level training. So our website is like our program – substance over style.
Here are a few reasons why we feel Roosevelt’s I-O M.A. program is world class:
- Metropolitan Setting: Roosevelt allows you to study I-O in a major metropolitan area full of opportunities to apply what you’re learning and to get a great job once you have completed the program.
- Organizational Effectiveness Consulting Center: The Roosevelt I-O Programs maintain an on-campus consulting center that matches M.A. students with applied projects and internship opportunities throughout the Chicagoland area. Contact Dr. Di Spigno to get involved.
- Dedicated I-O Faculty: Roosevelt currently has 7 faculty dedicated to the I-O program. Roosevelt I-O faculty have applied experiences with organizations all over the country AND they are research active. The program is built around the "Scientist-Practitioner Model" and is staffed with true I-O Scientist/Practitioners.
- Flexibility: MA students take courses at the Chicago campus. Students may be full time or part time. We admit students Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Our courses are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate working students.
- Student Community: Your fellow students are an invaluable asset during your graduate training and after completing your degree. Our program cultivates student community through RIOPA, our lively student organization. Roosevelt students know each other. They hang out. They room together at SIOP. They go to White Sox games together. They study together. And those relationships continue as students enter the working world.
- I-O Ph.D. Program: There are scholarly opportunities for M.A. students who are interested in research. To explore these opportunities, click here.