Developing out of a long and active history of working with schools and agencies in the Chicago metropolitan community, the Educational Alliance evolved from a research and development arm of the College of Education into an educational partnership, and then into the Alliance in its current form.
The Alliance works collaboratively with the Institute for Metropolitan Affairs (IMA) and has recently received a ten-year grant from the Ford Foundation.
Projects address a host of issues pertinent to the City of Chicago and suburban communities:
- School Technology Task Force
- Principals' Academy (Project CALL)
- School Success Program
- Chicago Educational Network (Center)
- Future Teachers Project
- Collaborative Learning Center Project
- Numerous Woodrow Wilson summer institutes