BMLA Application Criteria
If you meet the following criteria, we encourage you to apply for the Black Male Leadership Academy:
- You are a black male and you will be a high school sophomore or junior in the fall of 2014.
- You have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 out of 4.0 or higher.
- You have at least a 90% attendance rate at your high school.
- You can commit to attending an overnight program for one week over the summer and attending meetings once a month at the downtown Chicago Campus of Roosevelt University.
- You plan to attend college after you graduate from high school.
- You are interested in learning about a variety of topics while having fun, meeting new people, and enhancing your leadership skills.
Download the BMLA application and return it, no later than April 30, 2014, to:
Dr. Albert Bennett, Professor of Education and Public Policy
430 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago IL 60605