Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
The Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) program is designed to enable graduates in the liberal arts, sciences, engineering, and other fields, as well as graduates in business, to complete a professional accounting program on a part-time or full-time basis.
Accountants and teachers of accounting will find the MSA program beneficial because it can help advance careers through further study in the evenings. Persons interested in taking the CPA, CIA, CFE or CMA examinations can enroll in the MSA program to complete their professional training.
The focus of the learning process is a shared responsibility of the student and instructor. Our classes are small, the contact personal. We stress teamwork and group projects, with many case analyses and written and oral presentations. Above all, we expect each student to contribute to the education of his or her colleagues, believing that adult learners have considerable expertise to share with classmates.
The Master of Science in Accounting degree is designed to meet the needs of three groups of students:
- Those desiring to complete the professional education needed for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE), and/or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) examinations
- Those who would prefer a terminal program enabling them to enter the fields of public accounting, managerial accounting, governmental or non-profit accounting
- Those graduates in the liberal arts, sciences, engineering, and other fields, as well as graduates in business, who want to complete a professional accounting program on a part-time or full-time basis
Advisor for Graduate Studies
- Downtown appointments: (312) 281-3293
- Schaumburg appointments: (847) 619-4850