Chicago 430 S. Michigan Ave.Chicago, IL 60605(312) 341-3500
Schaumburg 1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.Schaumburg, IL 60173(847) 619-7300
If you have completed high school or any transferrable credit from a college or university not in the United States, you must have transcripts evaluated at your expense by a credentials evaluator. Roosevelt will accept evaluations from:
If you have completed transferrable credits at a U.S. college or university you must submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from your university or college to the Office of International Programs at Roosevelt University, or you may submit them in an envelope sealed and signed by the registrar.
You must submit a TOEFL or IELTS exam to show your English proficiency.
TOEFL Exam - Please have official scores sent directly to Roosevelt by ETS. Roosevelt’s test code is 1666. A minimum score of 80 (internet based TOEFL) with at least 18 on the writing section and no other section below 17. Students who take the paperbased TOEFL must have a minimum score of 550, with at least a 4.5 on the writing section.
IELTS Exam - Please have official scores sent directly to Roosevelt by the British Council. The minimum on the Academic IELTS test is 6.5 on the overall and 6.0 on the writing band score.
English Language Program:
- Applicants with a TOEFL (iBT) score of at least 40 or an IELTS score of at least 3.5 may still be admitted. Once admitted, they will be required to take 1-3 semesters of English language classes before they start taking their major classes.
TOEFL/IELTS Exemptions: The TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for the following reasons.
- Student has completed four consecutive years of secondary education in a North American high school in which English is the language of instruction.
- Student has completed 30 or more transferrable semester hours, including the equivalent of Roosevelt’s English 101 and English 102, at an accredited U.S. college or university.
All applicants who require an F-1 Student visa are required to show proof of funding to cover Tuition, Fees and Living Expenses for the first academic year. We also require the Affidavit of Support Form.
F-1 students who are transferring to Roosevelt from another U.S. school must complete the Transfer Verification Form.
First year students on the Chicago campus who are under the age of 21 are required to live on-campus for the first two years. Please visit the Residence Life page for more information about housing options.
- Freshman (first-year students). A scholarship application is not required. Scholarships are based on academic merit. Your high school (secondary school) GPA and test results from the ACT or SAT are used to determine if you are eligible for a scholarship.
- Transfer students. A scholarship application is not required. Scholarships are based on academic merit.